- The Man Behind the Leatherface Mask
- Chain Saw Confidential Audiobook | Gunnar Hansen | kovitequpy.tk
Fun is never a word that came to mind. Leatherface never speaks, aside from making odd animal noises. And since Leatherface is always wearing a mask of human skin, his facial expressions are hidden.
Hansen had his work cut out for him. On top of that, Hansen and the rest of the crew had to work around the limitations of a low budget film — no stunt doubles or special effects.
They performed feats that would never be allowed on sets today. For example, Hansen running through the woods in the dark with a real, live chainsaw.source site
The Man Behind the Leatherface Mask
That was the most revealing interview for me. Of course, none of the actors were actually cut to pieces by a chainsaw.
- The Politics of Paul Robesons Othello (Margaret Walker Alexander Series in African American Studies).
- People who bought this also bought...!
- Chain Saw Confidential: How We Made the World's Most Notorious Horror Movie;
- Chain Saw Confidential: How We Made the World's Most Notorious Horror Movie by Gunnar Hansen.
- Chain Saw Confidential : How We Made the World's Most Notorious Horror Movie;
- Sunrise on Cedar Key;
With Halloween just around the corner, what better time to dust off some old horror films? Hansen tends to be busy around Halloween, attending events such as horror conventions.
Chain Saw Confidential Audiobook | Gunnar Hansen | kovitequpy.tk
And for many years, trick-or-treaters avoided his house — and not because of his role as Leatherface. Have feedback? Want to know more?
- Chain Saw Confidential - Wikipedia!
- Chain Saw Confidential: How We Made The World’s Most Notorious Horror Movie | Horror World!
- BE THE FIRST TO KNOW.
When The Texas Chain Saw Massacre first hit movie screens in it was both reviled and championed. Banned and celebrated, showcased at the Cannes film festival and included in the New York MoMA's collection, it has now come to be recognized widely as one of the greatest horror movies of all time. A six-foot-four poet fresh out of grad school with limited acting experience, Gunnar Hansen played the masked, chain-saw-wielding Leatherface.
- The Seduction of Unreason: The Intellectual Romance with Fascism from Nietzsche to Postmodernism.
- The Implementation of the EU Services Directive: Transposition, Problems and Strategies.
- Shop with confidence;
- Customer Reviews!
- Listeners Also Bought.
His terrifying portrayal and the inventive work of the cast and crew would give the film the authentic power of nightmare, even while the gritty, grueling, and often dangerous independent production would test everyone involved, and lay the foundations for myths surrounding the film that endure even today. Critically-acclaimed author Hansen here tells the real story of the making of the film, its release, and reception, offering unknown behind-the-scenes details, a harrowingly entertaining account of the adventures of low-budget filmmaking, illuminating insights on the film's enduring and influential place in the horror genre and our culture, and a thoughtful meditation on why we love to be scared in the first place.